commons-user mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] JMX mbean doesn't exist after upgrade to 2.1/2.1.1
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 04:31:00 GMT
On 12/5/15 2:07 AM, Anthony Biacco wrote:
> I was running dbcp 2.0.1 with pool 2.4.2.
> I updated dbcp to 2.1 and the mbean org.apache.commons.pool2 doesn't exist
> anymore. 2.1.1 is a no-go as well
> I'm running under Tomcat 8.0.28
>
> Could this have to do with: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-434 ?

Yes, as of DBCP 2.1, you need to specify a jmxName in order for the
pool (and statement pools) to be registered with JMX.
Unfortunately, the bug being tracked now as DBCP-452 makes
specification of the jmxName property in a JNDI resource definition
ineffective.  Once 2.2 is released with the fix for DBCP-452, you
will be able to specify a jmxName property and the pool will
register itself under that name.

Phil