commons-user mailing list archives

From jean-baptiste Silvy <jbsi...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] passing environment variable to prunsrv start <service>
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:51:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a jvm service created by procrun. I want to know from the Java code
if the service has been started manually by the user (in server manager or
using sc) or through our application.

I thought I could use environment variables. But apparently all additional
variables must be set in the registry before starting the service. "prunsrv
start <service>" does not honor the ++Environment parameter.

The same happen for system properties and Java parameters.

Is this the expected behavior? Or is there other alertnative?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste