commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Where are the multivariate vector optimization options that are non-deprecated?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 23:07:21 GMT
Hi.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:40:24 -0700 (PDT), Rebecca2w2 wrote:
> Hey, I'm new so maybe I'm missing something, but here we go.

The first thing you have missed[1] is that posts' subject line should
be prefixed with "[Math]". ;-)

> I'm trying to find a multivariate vector optimizer for a non-least
> square
> algorithm (just a basic equivalent to something like fmincon in
> MATLAB, if
> that's helpful).  However, it looks like all are deprecated or moved
> in
> optim.  Do any exist that are non-deprecated?  If so where?

Here:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.5/org/apache/commons/math3/fitting/leastsquares/package-summary.html

Usage example is here:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/userguide/leastsquares.html

and in the unit tests (in the source code repository):
  http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git

HTH,
Gilles

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/mail-lists.html