commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pruitt, Byron S" <steve.pru...@hp.com>
Subject [dbcp] new user questions
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 16:22:56 GMT
I am new to the DBCP framework and I have some newbie questions.

I have the PoolingDataSourceExample working with my driver and I get connections from my DataSource.

What I am unclear on is how I return a connection back to the pool.
After I have finished with executing a statement and finished with the ResultSet or having
issued a commit if that is needed, then what?
Do I do nothing with the connection?  How is the connection returned to pool, so it can be
reused?

Also, it looks like the way to configure the pool for the number of connections, etc. is via
GenericObjectPoolConfig passed to the GenericObjectPool instance.

Thanks ahead for any answers.

Steve Pruitt