commons-user mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] setting connection defaults
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 01:57:27 GMT
On 9/3/15 12:26 PM, Pruitt, Byron S wrote:
> What is the best to set properties like auto commit.  The DataSource interface doesn't
expose anything.  The only thing I can find that supports these properties is BasicDataSource.

This depends on your application, but it's good to start with the
defaults, which as of DBCP 2.x are the defaults set by the database
driver.  You can change the default connection properties by
specifying them in the BasicDataSource config or by setting them on
the PoolableConnectionFactory if you are manually creating the
PoolingDataSource.

Phil