commons-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject [codec] DigestInputStream that handles mark, reset and skip?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:59:09 GMT
All,

Before I reinvent the wheel...is there an alternative to Java's DigestInputStream that handles
mark, reset and skip?  If I read this JDK bug [0] correctly, Java's DigestInputStream won't
be fixed until Java 9.

Over on TIKA-1701, we found that pre-digesting an InputStream and then resetting can lead
to fewer attachments being extracted from truncated (corrupt) package files -- the digester
hits the EOF exception on the package component before the still-intact child documents can
be extracted.

Cheers,

            Tim