commons-user mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: SCXML and Script and context access
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 06:45:42 GMT
On 2015-08-18 12:27, Sinisa Zec wrote:
> Dears,
>

> We are using Apache SCXML2 for the project which is based on FSM logic. I am
> trying for some time to achieve the following:
>

> 1.Set some variables in (Groovy)context from Java – X set of variables
>
> 2.Read those values in from the <script> in Groovy (it might be any other
> but we have chosen Groovy - other suggestions are welcomed).
>
> 3.Set the NEW set of variables (in GroovyContext) from Groovy script – Y set
> of variables (in principle it is simple mapping)
>
> 4.Read the new values (Y set) from context in Java.
>

> I didn't find another way for the scenario above, but to initialize Y set of
> variables to empty values already in Java, before step 3. from above.
>
> Do you possible have a different suggestion?

What we typically do is providing a predefined POJO (which could be as simple as
a Map) through the SCXMLExecutor.getRootContext() and use that as an external
environment variable.
Then you can simply script your variables via that environment variable, e.g.
env.X and env.Y

> Do you think it would be better to try this with Jexl (I did try, but
> totally failed to do anything with Context from Jexl script)?
Groovy in general is more powerful (and dangerous :) ).

> Are you possible aware of any useful examples of context manipulation from
> <script> (Groovy or any other)?
I don't think we really have concrete examples/tests in Commons SCXML, but it
should be trivial to do this yourself.