commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Apache Commons Configuration Version 2
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 01:19:30 GMT
You should also be able to get it from the ASF snapshot repo.

However note that such artifacts may change or disappear at any time,
so should only be used for testing.

On 6 May 2015 at 20:07, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Am 06.05.2015 um 03:38 schrieb DiFrango, Ronald (CONT):
>> Oliver,
>>
>> I guess I could build it from source and store it in our local Nexus until a release
version is built.

> this is of course possible. I do not expect major or breaking changes
> until the final release.
>
> Thanks for your feedback, this is indeed motivating :-)
>
> Oliver
>
>> Ron DiFrango

 We definitely like the feature set of 2.x as it supports many of the uses cases more naturally
than 1.x so would like to move forward with it.

>> But I can't unless it's in maven central.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron

Gradle and pointing to an internal Nexus repo that is a proxy for Maven central and I can't
resolve it as follows:

>>> compile group: 'org.apache.commons', name: 'commons-configuration2', version:
'2.0-alpha2'

>> because it is only an alpha release, this version has not been deployed to a public
Maven repository. We did this by intension to avoid potential jar hell if there are still
binary incompatible changes before the final release.

>> I am working to get the final version 2.0 out, but unfortunately my time is currently
pretty limited. So I cannot predict a release schedule.

>> Oliver
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ron

>>> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to
Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for
use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from your computer.