commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Could the HDFS connector work with MapR systems?
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 03:22:11 GMT
The NFS mount trick allows all of the files to appear via the local://*
file system.

Otherwise, it is true that the wire protocol for MapR FS is different from
HDFS.  In fact, the wire protocol for different versions of HDFS are
different as well.

But what is standard is how different implementations of a Hadoop
compatible file system are plugged into the file space.  That should work
for any reasonable application if you have the right jars in your search
path.

One possibility where this would break would be if the client code assumes,
for instance, that all file paths must have a server address.  Otherwise,
well-behaved HDFS client applications should work.  The null host name
exception sounds like there is a format exception going on.

Can I see the some test code and stack traces somewhere?