commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject RE: [VFS] Could the HDFS connector work with MapR systems?
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 22:48:00 GMT
I've not seen VFS used in this configuration before. You could try updating to the current
HDFS jar files.

-------- Original message --------
From: Roger Whitcomb <>
Date: 05/26/2015  10:39  (GMT-08:00)
To: Commons Users List <>
Subject: [VFS] Could the HDFS connector work with MapR systems?

Hi all,
                I'm using Commons VFS 2.1 along with the HDFS connector and
everything is working brilliantly ... until, that is, trying to access HDFS on a MapR system.
Then I get things like null host name exceptions and the like.  So, anyone have any idea
whether the HDFS connector even COULD work against MapR?  And if not, anyone tried to build
a MapR connector to Commons VFS 2.1?

Thanks in advance,
~Roger Whitcomb