commons-user mailing list archives

From Rohini T Nagaraj <rohini...@in.ibm.com>
Subject [dbcp]Closed Connection or Exhausted Resultset error
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:18:48 GMT
Hi All,

The Oracle DB has 37k packages. The issue is seen after running the below
query from the program or when using
DatabaseMetadata.getProcedureColumns()  in a program . We are seeing these
errors  "Exhausted Resultset (SQL Code =99999 and vendor code=17,011) " or
"Closed Connection :next (SQL code=08003 , Vendor code=17,008)".

Something happening to connection or resultset getting closed after
running the query/getProcedureColumns call. We have investigated further
and see this issue of Exhausted Resultset/Connection getting closed only
when we use the datasource connection pool logic.

When we run a standalone java program with the query/getProcedureColumns
call , it took 10mins for the customer to get the output and there were no
issues.We want the same behavior with datasource connection pool logic .

We are using Tomcat sevrer and
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool connection pool.We have
these connection pool settings done.

connectionPool.setMaxActive(25);
connectionPool.setMaxIdle(1);
connectionPool.setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis(120000);
connectionPool.setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(1000);
connectionPool.setTestOnReturn(false);
connectionPool.setTestOnBorrow(true);
connectionPool.setTestWhileIdle(false);

Hence please let us know if there is any fine tuning to be done to make
query or DatabaseMetadata.getProcedureColumns() to work when we use
datasource connection pool logic.Please suggest us any other timeout or if
there is anything else which can help us in this scenario.Thanks

SQL QUERY :
SELECT * FROM SYS.ALL_ARGUMENTS WHERE PACKAGE_NAME = 'PKG_TEST' AND
OBJECT_NAME = 'PRC_INSERT' AND OWNER = 'APPS' ORDER BY SEQUENCE

ERROR:
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Closed Connection: next
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.next(OracleResultSetImpl.java:233)

Thanks and Regards,
Rohini T Nagaraj,
WebSphere CastIron QA Team,
 IBM INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED,