commons-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <>
Subject Apparent DBCP deadlock related to getConnection
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2015 13:29:44 GMT
I seem to be having a problem very similar to DBCP-398, using DBCP 2.1
with MySQL.

See the last couple of comments.

I am not familiar with the code, so I can't confirm or refute Phil's
comment that it looks normal, but I can say this:  The problem came to
my attention because the program had been deadlocked for several hours,
with the watchdog thread sending "not updating" alarms about every 15

I've been having occasional problems with deadlocks in this program for
quite a while.  Those problems were occurring even before I switched
from dbcp to dbcp2.  Until two days ago, I had not tracked down the
cause of the deadlock.  I was suprised to see that the problem wasn't in
my own code.

What other information can I provide to determine whether it's a bug or
something I've done wrong?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message