commons-user mailing list archives

From "Velladurai Pandian, Ashok Kumar" <Ashokkumar.Velladurai.Pand...@fisglobal.com>
Subject [configuration]
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:53:42 GMT
I have a hierarchy of property files which are available in various folders in my file system.
The file names are same but the folders are named based on the base group and specific group
id and.

I have a requirement of creating group based configurations of all the available property
files. Based on the user login I need load their respective group and if not available at
that level it would go to the base group and get the key.

I am trying use the MultiFileConfigurationBuilder<http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/xref/org/apache/commons/configuration2/builder/combined/MultiFileConfigurationBuilder.html>
and trying to set the pattern to combine the configurations. To the pattern I would set the
group id and get the configuration and merge with that of the base group.

But the pattern does not seem to be working. Is it possible to load and merge the configurations
just only using the config.xml files?

Please let me know if you have a better approach.

Parameters params = new Parameters();
           MultiFileBuilderParameters multiParam = params.multiFile().setFilePattern("${GROUP_ID}/
app_settings.properties").setManagedBuilderParameters(params.fileBased().setBasePath("C:/a_container/MyApp/"));
           MultiFileConfigurationBuilder<PropertiesConfiguration> builder = new MultiFileConfigurationBuilder(
                     PropertiesConfiguration.class).configure(multiParam);
     Map<String, Object> params1 = new HashedMap<String, Object>();
           params1.put("GROUP_ID", "987987");
           builder.setParameters(params1);
           Configuration conf = builder.getConfiguration();
           sopAllKeys((FileBasedConfiguration) conf);

Regards,
Ashok

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.