commons-user mailing list archives

From Dorairaj M <dorai...@clinapps.com>
Subject [net] Unable to connect FTPS server
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:25:54 GMT
Hi,

Could not able to connect to FileCopa server by using commons-net-3.3 jar but connecting from
FileZilla FTP client.

When connecting to explicit FTPS from java client then output as

220-InterVations FileCOPA FTP Server Version 9.01 11th December 2014
Trial Version. 25 days remaining
220 while connect to Dhorrairaaj ftp server
AUTH TLS
224 Authenticating with TLS

When connecting to implicit FTPS from java client then output as

220-InterVations FileCOPA FTP Server Version 9.01 11th December 2014
Trial Version. 25 days remaining
220 while connect to Dhorrairaaj ftp server
USER clinapps
331 Password required for clinapps
PASS clinappsftp
500  is not understood

Can anybody please let me know the reason why unable to connect from commons-net-3.3 api,

protected void execAUTH() throws SSLException, IOException {
        int replyCode = sendCommand(CMD_AUTH, auth);
        if (FTPReply.SECURITY_MECHANISM_IS_OK == replyCode) {
            // replyCode = 334
            // I carry out an ADAT command.
        } else if (FTPReply.SECURITY_DATA_EXCHANGE_COMPLETE != replyCode) {
            throw new SSLException(getReplyString());
        }
    }

As per the above source code, exception is due to the response code 224 (224 Authenticating
with TLS) , Intentionally throwing exception, is this cause to any configuration related issues?

Help is greatly appreciated!!..

I am using window7 OS

Thanks
Dhorrairaajj