commons-user mailing list archives

From Joakim Soderberg <j.soderb...@samsung.com>
Subject RE: how to load a RealMatrix from file
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:21:18 GMT
Thanks Thomas,
That’s helpful, but I think you should add more easy-to-use functions for the convenience
of the research community who just want to implement some algorithm and not spend time with
coding IO.

For my second question; why is there no vector - matrix multiplication operator?, i.e. x A,
where x is a vector and A a matrix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Neidhart [mailto:thomas.neidhart@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 1:50 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: how to load a RealMatrix from file

Hi Joakim,

it depends how you stored the matrix in the first place.

The MatrixUtils.deserializeRealMatrix() method will only work if you have previously serialized
the matrix using MatrixUtils.serializeRealMatrix() and is mainly intended to be used for standard
Java serialization.

In case you want to load a matrix stored in text format, you might find the RealMatrixFormat
class useful.
There are two formats defined:

 * MatrixUtils.DEFAULT_FORMAT
 * MatrixUtils.OCTAVE_FORMAT

but you can define your own format for formatting/parsing.

Thomas