commons-user mailing list archives

From Jan Swaelens <jan.swael...@gmail.com>
Subject [JCS] Dynamic Cache Expiration on get
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:12:52 GMT
Hello,

I have a region set up to expire its data lets say after 60 seconds.
There's also a shrink thread running every 100 seconds.

We add an event handler when storing certain items, in this handler we
implement some logic to re-insert the expired item on the same key.

The problem is, when an item expires 'on get' the expiry handler fires
async and we can't get the updated value in the requesting thread.

Is it possible to act before the item is actually removed to take the
keep/toss away call instead of re-inserting it? Any other suggestions for
solving this pattern?

thanks