commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [net] mismatch between timestamp and timezone
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:22:25 GMT
On 30 November 2014 at 18:52, pappu prasad <pprasadniet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Using FTPClient.java, FTPFile.java,FTPListParseEngine.java from
> commons-net-3.2.jar to access the files on the ftp server(Linux machine)
> located in EET timezone. After accessing the files if I try to see the time
> zone and time stamp of the file,timestamp is shown in UTC format but
> timezone is shown as timezone of the place where file is being accessed .
>
> Expected was that both should have been in EET format.
>
> Example:
> Suppose a file sample.txt on FTP server (in EET zone) is created at
> 11/27/2014 8:28:20 AM.
>
> While accessing the file(in EET time zone) using jar mentioned above
> ,FTPFile.java's getTimestamp method will return time as 11/27/2014 6:28:20
> AM EET.
>
> Instead it should have been 11/27/2014 8:28:20 AM EET.
>
> Please help me to resolve this issue.

The Javadoc

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/javadocs/api-3.3/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClient.html

says:

For examples of using FTPClient on servers whose directory listings

use languages other than English
use date formats other than the American English "standard" MM d yyyy
are in different timezones and you need accurate timestamps for
dependency checking as in Ant

see FTPClientConfig.