commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jesper Blomquist" <>
Subject [daemon] How to run with numactl?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:49:27 GMT
I’m struggling with bad response times on a bunch of web-servers on NUMA architecture HW
(who’s not these days). When I say bad, I’m talking of about 8 ms instead of the expected
4 (which we have with just 10% less qps). When starting the application manually with numactl
(e.g. numactl -N 0 -m 0 java jar …) I see performance more in line with what's expected.

The question is simply how can I run my application using numactl and jsvc? I have tested
to just run jsvc with numactl, but for some reason (forking?) it doesn’t bite :-(

Sent from Mailbox