commons-user mailing list archives

From arnout cator <arnout.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject correct estimate of the disk cache size
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 15:43:18 GMT
I have noticed that our JCS disk cache seems to grow larger than I expect
it to be. In particular it is double the size I expect it to be. Does
anyone know how we can estimate the size of the disk cache? Let’s say I
have a very simple configuration in which I have 1 region defined. I have
set a Maximum key size of 1000. Would the following calculation be a
correct estimate of the disk cache size?

Maximum Key Size x Average Object Size = Cache Size

1000 x 50 KB = 50 MB

In my environment I am seeing the cache has grown much larger and I am
trying to understand why that might be. I have the following configuration

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=64

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=1000

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=250

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeOnShutdown=true

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=60

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.EventQueueType=POOLED

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.EventQueuePoolName=disk_cache_event_queue