commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCS cache benchmarking for performance
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:56:20 GMT
On 09.10.14 16:02, arnout cator wrote:
> What would be the best practice in monitoring JCS caching performance for
> production web applications? I am looking for a way to collect data and
> then give advice on sizing of web applications that heavily use JCS for
> caching of java objects.

Which version do you use?

If 1.3, then your best bet would be JCSAdminBean or JCSAdmin.jsp,
respectively. It can tell you about the filling level as well as hits,
fails, auxiliary hits and fails and much more. It will not give you
timing information, however.

In 2.0, you may use JMX to access this information.

Bye, Thomas.