commons-user mailing list archives

From Benoît Thiébault <thieba...@artenum.com>
Subject [SCXML] Plans for making SCXML more dynamic?
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 07:22:34 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am very pleased to learn that SCXML is back online and that new evolutions are coming with
version 2.0. Congrats and good luck to the development team!

I already use SCXML 0.9 in one of my applications and one feature I was missing was a more
dynamic state engine. My application is OSGi-based and thus very dynamic: modules come and
go at runtime. What I wanted to do was to be able to modify the state diagram at runtime:
when a new bundle is loaded, it injects its own state chart as a sub-set of the existing state
chart. If I understood SCXML correctly, this was not really possible with 0.9. Is it planned
for future versions?

Kind regards,

Ben