commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Version 1.9.2 uses FastHashMap in class PropertyUtilsBean, but FastHashMap does not exists in collections4
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:19:43 GMT
There are no compatibility issues between collections 3 and 4.
They reside in different packages, thus you can use them together in your
project.

Any project/developer having a dependency to collections 3 will have to do
at least some minimal effort to upgrade to collections 4.
In most cases it is enough to rename the package from o.a.c.collections to
o.a.c.collections4, but sometimes the signature of methods have changed or
classes have been removed (e.g. when there are alternatives in the JDK, see
the release notes).

Having said that, you *can not* just replace a collections 3 jar with
collections 4, but the migration should be quite simple.

Thomas