commons-user mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <>
Subject Re: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones in the form?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 23:10:10 GMT
On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Konrad Zuse <> wrote:

> Yeah I understand I have to build it, was just curious if I would have limitations like
I am having now.

A desktop application does not have the sandboxing limitations of
processes running in a Web browser.

That said, you and you alone are now responsible for ensuring that
your application can't be exploited to compromise the system that
it's running on.

If it were me, I'd consider writing the app to parse the file locally and
merge the additional assets into a single upload, rather than parsing
server-side and sending a request back. Much easier to build, easier
to test, and a whole lot easier to secure.

Good luck,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------
twitter: @hassan

To unsubscribe, e-mail: