commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones in the form?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 15:44:46 GMT
Morning Konradthe <htp/file/ftp>uploader will need to have apriori knowledge  of both:location
of Main distro usually 'baseDir'
location of ancillary files..pics, classes, sources, html,css

This is the reason why you will never see an apache server provisioning individual files(except
for SVN/GIT) source ctl

package ALL files(resource/source/classes/README/doc/etc) up into a jar and drop the jar into
basedir and let your customers figure out how to untar/unzip/unjar the filehttp://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/
lets pickup this thread on users@maven.apache.org
HTH
Martin-

> From: thekonradzuse@hotmail.com
> To: user@commons.apache.org
> Subject: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones
in the form?
> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 20:05:03 -0400
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am basically uploading a file to my server, but within that file contains path information
to images that also need to be uploaded.  I am looking to read the file mid stream and get
the data for the images to upload.  It seems I am able to do this, but if this is not possible
will I be able save the file, read it, and then be able to get these images?

> I am curious about how I will go about grabbing the additional files?  I see that streaming
works with InputStream from JavaIO as well as something from CommonsIO, so I figured I could
configure something to work with the fileupload stream.

> I also thought that I could possibly try to create a form through my servlet and pass
the data through that, but I figured this would be the less favorable approach.