commons-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
Subject [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones in the form?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 00:05:03 GMT
Hello all,

I am basically uploading a file to my server, but within that file contains path information
to images that also need to be uploaded.  I am looking to read the file mid stream and get
the data for the images to upload.  It seems I am able to do this, but if this is not possible
will I be able save the file, read it, and then be able to get these images?

I am curious about how I will go about grabbing the additional files?  I see that streaming
works with InputStream from JavaIO as well as something from CommonsIO, so I figured I could
configure something to work with the fileupload stream.

I also thought that I could possibly try to create a form through my servlet and pass the
data through that, but I figured this would be the less favorable approach.

If anyone has any advice or thoughts I would appreciate it... Thanks!