commons-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones in the form?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 22:58:31 GMT
Yup, I got that haha...  That's why I said you seemed to say.

I found this http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html when googling it.

Thanks for the links will check it out.

Yeah I understand I have to build it, was just curious if I would have limitations like I
am having now.  Don't want to keep running in circles and having tasks that I cannot complete
:P.

> Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:42:03 -0700
> Subject: Re: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the
ones in the form?
> From: hassan.schroeder@gmail.com
> To: user@commons.apache.org
>
> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Konrad Zuse <thekonradzuse@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I understand the client-server relationship, but you seemed to say I could do what
I need to do from my browser

> No. No. A thousand times, NO. You can't do what you want from
> a standard web browser. Whatever you think you saw otherwise,
> no.
>
> > I have probably not, do you have links by any chance?  I tried looking up the former,
but got a bunch of unsure pages.

> ?? The first hit from googling 'HTTP RFC' is this:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616
> which is certainly a good place to start.
>
> And for historical clarity, I'd start with http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
> to understand HTML.
>
> > Also I just thought of this, but are we saying that I can basically have an application
that is installed on their system that when I try to upload the main file, it will communicate
with my application client to upload the rest of the files, or do I have to do it all from
the application client itself?