commons-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the ones in the form?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 21:59:54 GMT

Alrighty, thanks, so do you have any recommendations for what I should be looking for to send
these requests?  I'm assuming something I do will send the data as a multi part form, which
my servlet up on the server will connect up with?  I believe a buddy of mine mentioned "Restful
Web Services?" for certain things that might be for this?

I understand the client-server relationship, but you seemed to say I could do what I need
to do from my browser, which again is what we were talking about isn't this the whole problem
with security issues, or what exactly are you suggesting?  When you said "browser client"
I thought you were referring to something "special."

I guess I will go look for a client library to work with, do you have any recommendations?
 I bet there is so many :(.  So many new things I've been learning, so many still to learn
:).

I have probably not, do you have links by any chance?  I tried looking up the former, but
got a bunch of unsure pages.  I have been learning from various sources.  Right now I'm working
with JSP and Servlets/Pojos as well as JS and some JS libraries.  It's fun so far.

Also I just thought of this, but are we saying that I can basically have an application that
is installed on their system that when I try to upload the main file, it will communicate
with my application client to upload the rest of the files, or do I have to do it all from
the application client itself?  If so then does the application have to be running when they
do this, or can it be activated on the web?  Either automatically (seems like a security issues,
but it's only turning on my application) or with a manual button from the web?

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

> Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 14:26:46 -0700
> Subject: Re: [fileupload] - Question about uploading additional files other than the
ones in the form?
> From: hassan.schroeder@gmail.com
> To: user@commons.apache.org
>
> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Konrad Zuse <thekonradzuse@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay so I generate the requests via my client to allow the upload of all of these
files, but it has to be done from something on their machine though, and not a browser?