commons-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT] - Can anyone add me to the Shiro mailing list?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:10:39 GMT
Yay for Nabble :D.....

> That is how the allow group works. If you are in the allow group you can
> post to the list but you don't receive e-mails. It is intended for
> things like folks who post from multiple addresses but only want to get
> one copy of the emails from the mailing list.

Gotcha, so I guess I was subscribed via that, and not the mailing list which clears up some
things.

> Strange.

I always end up finding (or causing) some bug somewhere lol :p.

I guess this is all set, but I would definitely look into the shiro subscriptions to see if
something is weird.  I am using Hotmail, so I don't know if that is it (even though the commons
one accepted me).

> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 23:02:36 +0100
> From: markt@apache.org
> To: user@commons.apache.org
>
> On 10/09/2014 22:56, Konrad Zuse wrote:
> >> Forum? Are you posting to user@shiro.a.o via some mechanism other than
> >> e-mailing the list directly?
> >
> > shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com is the forum I am referring to, as I said I couldn't
get on the mailing list, so this is the next best thing.

> I suspected you were using Nabble.
>
> >> I've checked and you are subscribed to the allow list which means you
> >> can post but you won't receive e-mail.
> >
> > Weird, is there is a reason why I cannot receive the emails?
>
> That is how the allow group works. If you are in the allow group you can
> post to the list but you don't receive e-mails. It is intended for
> things like folks who post from multiple addresses but only want to get
> one copy of the emails from the mailing list.
>
> >> I wonder if the fact you are subscribed to the allow list means the
> >> normal subscription fails.
> >
> > Not too sure, I tried everything that I could on the list, and nothing, so I gave
up for awhile until I was subscribed to this very simply.  After the confirmation email I
got a welcome subscribed email to Commons which I did not to Shiro.

> Strange.
>
> >> Without knowing which e-mail address you sent that to, I can't comment.
> >
> > It was one of the list owners emails, I could go find it if needed, but it's in
that list somewhere.

> No matter.
>
> >> In this case, someone does but that is more luck than anything else.
> >
> > I figured I could count on you :).
> >
> >> Generally, the route to follow is:
> >> - subscribe using the automated address
> >> - if that doesn't work try again and make sure you send plain text email
> >> - if that doesn't work contact the list owners (a.k.a moderators)
> >> - if the moderators don't reply, contact the ASF infra team
> >
> > I tried replying with the reply button, then I tried to email the exact link they
gave me about 3x, both plain text and reply.  I tried to contact the list owners, nothing.

> > How do I contact the ASF Intra Team is there a special email you could give me for
that in case I need it in the future?

> http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact
>
> >> I'm on the infra team so I can help you in this instance.
> >
> > Thanks for your time and help I appreciate it greatly!
> >
> >> I've removed you from the user-allow list and subscribed you to the user
> >> list. Enjoy the extra e-mail in your inbox :)
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> > What's the difference between the allow and the regular list?
>
> See above.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>

> > I hope that if this is an issue as you mentioned above this seemed weird, that it
is hopefully fixed for others! :).

> > Thanks again for everything Mark, and everyone else who tried to help me.
> >
> > Have a great day.
> >

> >> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:47:46 +0100
> >> From: markt@apache.org
> >> To: user@commons.apache.org

I replied to this one exactly the same and got a confirmation.  Every time I tried to confirm
with the Shiro mailing list, nothing.

list, but I am not getting mail sent to this email.

multiple times through multiple channels, and nothing.