commons-user mailing list archives

From "R.C. Hoekstra" <r.c.hoeks...@erasmusmc.nl>
Subject SCXML: context thinks it is in no state at all in onentry of non atomic states.
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:23:09 GMT
Hi all at scxml.

In my project I found some behavior which I regarded as unexpected, but maybe I'm overlooking
something. In non-atomic states action execution the engine reports to be in no state at all.

I made a test Action class which only does one thing: it prints the result of SCXMLExecutor.getStatus().getAllStates()
in a listing to StdOut.

Consider the following simple scxml file:

<state id="entry">

   <transition event="to.test" target="1"/>

</state>

<state id="1">

   <onentry><my:printStates/></onentry>

</state>

This shows the following output:

entering entry

exiting entry

   my prints 1 state: "1"

entering 1

Placing the onentry in an atomic substate like this:

<state id="1">

   <state id="1.1">

        <onentry><my:printStates/></onentry>

   </state>

</state>

shows the following output:

entering entry

exiting entry

entering 1

    my prints 2 states: 1 and 1.1

entering 1.1

However, placing the onentry in the parent of that atomic substate like this:

<state id="1">

    <onentry><my:printStates/></onentry>

    <state id="1.1" />

</state>

gives a result which I hadn't expected:

entering entry

exiting entry

   my prints 0 states

entering 1

entering 1.1

Here, the action reports that the engine is in NO STATE AT ALL.

I can see that the action is always executed before the listener reports it's onentry (of
which I'm not sure if it's weird or not), but nevertheless it always reports correctly the
states it belongs to. Except when the action is executed on a non-atomic state -> then
it believes to be in 0 states.

This looks to me like inconsistent, and thus a bug, or am I overlooking some logic?

Test classes are available at request.

best regards, Rinke