commons-user mailing list archives

From Schalk W. Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Next newbie Q - local cacheing of remote files (e.g. HTTP)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:28:15 GMT
There is a caching mechanism, which you can override if you instantiate your own  FileSystemManager.

AFAIR from reading the code, each provider has some control over deciding which files should
be cached.

For your initial voyage, the defaults should work fine.

--
Schalk W. Cronjé
Maintainer of Groovy-VFS

Users List <user@commons.apache.org> </div><div>Subject: [vfs] Next newbie
Q - local cacheing of remote files (e.g. HTTP) </div><div>
there's cacheing of files locally in a temp dir to avoid retrieving them
on every reference?

That's pretty much exactly what I need. Just want to check I'm not
misunderstanding this, and if there are any gotchas to be aware of

I'd assume that things like Last-Modified would be checked at some
period, and new copies pulled down if changed?

-- Rob Walker

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the edge
www.ascert.com