commons-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Degtyarev <>
Subject [BCEL] Disassembling code
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:39:05 GMT

I'm currently developing an application that trace java code using JDI API
and wish be able to disassemble code being traced.

BCEL has such a functionality in the form of Utility.codeToString() method.

The codeToString() requires ConstantPool instance while
ConstantPool(DataInputStream) constructor has package-level visibility and
no utility method to construct constant pool from byte[] provided.

Of course ConstantPool can be subclassed with descendant in same package
but this is definitely a hack.

What solution you might suggest?

I presonally tend to add new factory method constructing ConstantPool from
byte[] to the but it is unclear to me how to submit a patch to
the BCEL.