commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bobic, Tamara" <Tamara.Bo...@hpi.de>
Subject Correlation coefficient
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:15:31 GMT
Hi all,

I've recently installed this library to help me with some basic statistics in my project.
I wanted to calculate the correlation coefficient for 2 arrays, which I see I can do with
"PearsonsCorrelation".
However, I realized that I should be using a special variant of Pearson if one of the variables
is nominal - Point Biserial correlation coefficient.

Could you tell me if this is somehow supported in the library and if not, if there is a similar
Java library which can calculate the Point Biserial coefficient.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
--
Tamara Bobic,
PhD Student

Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3
D-14482 Potsdam
Germany

Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

Phone:   +49 (0)331-5509-569
Fax:       +49 (0)331-5509-325

Email: tamara.bobic@hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Web:   http://www.hpi.de