commons-user mailing list archives

From anshul gangwar <>
Subject [SCXML] mapping of data types used to store values of datamodel with the java datatypes
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:16:45 GMT

I have one query regarding datatypes used to store values of SCXM datamodel.

Suppose there is a string A = "1234567891". This variable is sent in
payload when event is fired and is assigned in the SCXML datamodel through
<assign> tag.
Now when I am fetching this variable A in invoker class, its value is in
exponential form. So, in order to get the actual value I have perform below

                double d =
                String deviceId = BigDecimal.valueOf(d).toPlainString();

If the value of A does not reach to specific range then it simply convert
it into float instead of converting it in exponential form.

I would like to know how commons SCXML datatypes are mapped with the java
datatypes? Is this the right way of doing converting Integer values from
Which document can I refer for such details?

Thanks in advance.