commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Pigott <mpigott.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parsing and solving algebraic equation from string
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:00:21 GMT
Bill,
    My interpretation of Mansour's original question was that he had an
equation in the form "x + 3 = 10" and he needed to have a computer tell him
x = 7.  SymJa appears to solve more complex problems that that, at least
from the limited documentation I saw, so it may be helpful?
    As for the rest - got it.  There are too many ways to describe
mathematical equations; I was just curious which one you were going for.

Thanks, and good luck!
Mike