commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [daemon]
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:37:14 GMT
jsvc.exe -outfile stdout.out -errfile stderr.errcat stdout.out
cat stderr.err

report back the results
Martin

From: Andrew.Martin@exactearth.com
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: [daemon]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:24:14 +0000

Hi,

I’m trying to run a java daemon using jsvc and the Daemon interface. The java project is
a jar file which has a bunch of dependencies in a manifest file (including commons-daemon),
and I add this jar file to the classpath when running jsvc.
 When I try to execute via jsvc however, I get this stacktrace in stderr:

java.lang.InstantiationException: com.mycomany.mypackage.MyClass
        at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.load(DaemonLoader.java:190)
17/07/2014 17:03:34 9904 jsvc.exec error: Cannot load daemon
17/07/2014 17:03:34 9903 jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 3

Where MyClass is the class that I pass into jsvc.

I have tried using the –verbose option to help diagnose the problem, and with that I can
see in stdout that it loads all the dependencies from the manifest just fine, but no additional
information is provided to help diagnose the problem.
 Is there a way to get more information about what causes this InstantationException?

Best,
Andrew

Andrew Martin

Software Engineering Co-op, Software Development | exactEarth Ltd.

60 Struck Ct. Cambridge, Ontario N1R 8L2

office. +1.519.622.4445

email. Andrew.Martin@exactearth.com

web. www.exactearth.com

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only. It
contains proprietary or confidential information and is not to be copied, disclosed to, retained
or used by, any other party. If you are not
 an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail, any attachment and all copies
and inform the sender. Thank you.