commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Martin <Andrew.Mar...@exactearth.com>
Subject [daemon]
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:24:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run a java daemon using jsvc and the Daemon interface. The java project is a
jar file which has a bunch of dependencies in a manifest file (including commons-daemon),
and I add this jar file to the classpath when running jsvc. When I try to execute via jsvc
however, I get this stacktrace in stderr:

java.lang.InstantiationException: com.mycomany.mypackage.MyClass
        at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.load(DaemonLoader.java:190)
17/07/2014 17:03:34 9904 jsvc.exec error: Cannot load daemon
17/07/2014 17:03:34 9903 jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 3

Where MyClass is the class that I pass into jsvc.

I have tried using the -verbose option to help diagnose the problem, and with that I can see
in stdout that it loads all the dependencies from the manifest just fine, but no additional
information is provided to help diagnose the problem. Is there a way to get more information
about what causes this InstantationException?

Best,
Andrew

<www.exactearth.com>[cid:ee_gradient_tm_150wide.png@ea6eb021d0ae4ba88c40f15ef07d8a53]<www.exactearth.com>
              Andrew Martin
Software Engineering Co-op, Software Development | exactEarth Ltd.

60 Struck Ct. Cambridge, Ontario N1R 8L2
office. +1.519.622.4445
email. Andrew.Martin@exactearth.com

web. www.exactearth.com

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only. It
contains proprietary or confidential information and is not to be copied, disclosed to, retained
or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete
this e-mail, any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.