commons-user mailing list archives

From James Leskovar <JLesko...@telecomsys.com>
Subject Multiplexed connections in commons pool
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 23:07:44 GMT
Hi there,

I have an application that needs to perform connection pooling, with the proviso that it's
okay - and actually preferable - for more than one client to checkout and use the same connection
object from the pool. Ideally, I would also like to limit the number of concurrent clients
that are using a single connection object. I'm wondering what the best way to do this is.
As a quick and dirty option, I suppose I could basically have my PooledObjectFactory return
the same objects from makeObject(), and manually keep track of objects from inside my implementation.
Thoughts?

Cheers,
James Leskovar
Software Engineer, Location Platforms
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.

[ Address : TCS, iC Enterprise 1, Innovation Campus, Squires Way, Nth Wollongong, NSW, 2500,
Australia ]
[ Tel : +61 2 4221 2940 ] [ Fax : +61 2 4221 2901 ]
[ Email : James.Leskovar@telecomsys.com<mailto:James.Leskovar@telecomsys.com> ]
[TCS]<http://www.telecomsys.com/default.aspx>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/TCS/340389379402958>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/TeleComSys>[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/telecommunication-systems>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments
from your computer and network.