commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Min Cost Flow Linear Programming Problem Using Optimization Package
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 13:17:25 GMT
With no inequality constraints, the flow continuity constraint should not
require a simplex solver.

If there are limitations on maximum flow on some or all links then simplex
does come into play.  Without such limits, not.  IF there are non-linear
flow relations such as come into play in hydraulic systems, then simplex is
not practical.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com