commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: (beanutils) possible problem with beanutils being used by geoserver
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 22:50:49 GMT
you should ask this on glassfish-users but since I monitor both lists here is the solution

when you enable security manager in Glassfish
Changing Permissions for an ApplicationThe default policy for each domain limits the permissions
of Java EE deployed applications to the minimal set of permissions required for these applications
to operate correctly. Do not add extra permissions to the default set (the grant block with
no codebase, which applies to all code). Instead, add a new grant block with a codebase specific
to the applications requiring the extra permissions, and only add the minimally necessary
permissions in that block.
If you develop multiple applications that require more than this default set of permissions,
you can add the custom permissions that your applications need. The com.sun.aas.instanceRoot
variable refers to the domain-dir. For example:

In general, you should add extra permissions only to the applications or modules that require
them, not to all applications deployed to a domain. For example:

//this assumes classes from listContainer are all located in /applications/MyApp/ e.g.
<component>
    <component-type>listContainer</component-type>
    <component-class>com.sun.enterprise.tools.admingui.jsf.component.Tail</component-class>
</component>

and we KNOW that com.sun.enterprise.tools.admingui.jsf.component.Tail containing jar is located
off of /applications/MyApp
grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/MyApp/-" {//choose the RuntimePermission
which is appropriate
 permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessClassInPackage.*";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "createClassLoader";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "defineClassInPackage.*";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getClassLoader";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getenv.*";
//OR go for all of the classes permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "<<ALL FILES>>"}http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24930/securing-apps.htm#beabz

Martin