commons-user mailing list archives

From Tarun Kumar <tarun.ku...@markit.com>
Subject Getting FTP Server Response as 7 from FTPClient api
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 06:32:58 GMT
Hi Team,

                While we are trying to retrieve file via FTPClient api
On calling ftpClient.retrieveFileStream(fileName)  we are getting below exception.

org.apache.commons.net.MalformedServerReplyException: Could not parse response code.
Server Reply: 7 Entering Passive Mode (172,25,16,22,131,51).
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:315)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:490)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:534)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:583)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.pasv(FTP.java:882)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:497)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFileStream(FTPClient.java:1333)
        at com.markit.valuations.marketdata.reporting.checks.yieldcurevs.DatascopeRICCheck.getRicFromFiles(DatascopeRICCheck.java:202)

                Could not find response code 7 in FTP response list : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_server_return_codes

                Can you please help us in knowing what could be underlying issue and recommend
solution.

Thanks,
Tarun Kumar

This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly confidential
and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or disclosure not expressly authorised
by Markit is prohibited. This email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following
link: http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page? for contact information
on our offices worldwide.