commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Min Cost Flow Linear Programming Problem Using Optimization Package
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 06:22:47 GMT
On 05/23/2014 05:36 AM, Reginald Johnson wrote:
> I agree, and in fact my original formulation used that same format
> (A_ij=A_ji) for the constraint.  However, I didn't (and still don't) see a
> way to create a constraint in the optimization class that will let me use
> anything other than a number for the right hand side.

The simplex solver in math does only support constants on the right
side, and I am not aware of another solver that would support it.

A possible way to express this constraint could be:

 A_ij - A_ji = 0

btw. you should not use the org.apache.commons.math3.optimization
package anymore. The contents are deprecated and have been refactored
into package org.apache.commons.math3.optim.

The SimplexSolver found there is more robust and faster.

Thomas