commons-user mailing list archives

From Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] LAST_MODIFIED vs GET_LAST_MODIFIED
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 14:38:26 GMT
Suggestion [1]

Marking LAST_MODIFIED as deprecated, updating the docs to state that
GET_LAST_MODIFIED means that the last modification time for a file or
can be retrieved.

Suggestion [2]

Mark both GET_LAST_MODIFED and LAST_MODIFIED as deprecated.

Split GET_LAST_MODIFIED into a GET_LAST_MODIFIED_FILE and
GET_LAST_MODIFIED_FOLDER. I am saying this as by example on S3 it is
possible to get the last modification time of a blob, but not on
something marked as a directory marker.

Disclaimer: Maybe it is possible to get modification time on directory
marker on S3, but i have based it upon what jClouds can do.