commons-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Chard" <a...@alard.net>
Subject [email] - Secure Password Authentication in Outlook
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 13:22:20 GMT
Hi all

I'm using the Apache Commons Email classes to send emails using SMTP. I'm
connecting via SMTP so I don't have to support multiple configurations for
different server providers (Outlook, Notes, ect).

As always, it's not that simple.

One of the options Microsoft provide is Secure Password Authentication. A
bit of research shows this is something to do with NTLM, but I'm struggling
a bit with understanding what bit is SPA, and what bit is NTLM. Not to worry
about that for now.

My main question is, does the Apache Commons Email support SPA? If so, how
do I set that?

Thanks

Alex