commons-user mailing list archives

From <oliver.p...@swisspost.com>
Subject FileItem.fileName differnent with IE 11
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:30:27 GMT
Hi,

I made a proof of concept for the upload of multiple files with struts 1.

It work as expected with FF and chrome but not with IE 11. The FileItem path is differs.

With FF the FileItem.fileName is after upload for example  "D:\fileuploadtemp\myfile.pdf"

which is correct.

If I do the same with IE 11, the FileItem.fileName is "C:\Users\my\Downloads\myfile.pdf"

Now when FileItem.write(...) is invoked like this:

File uploadedFile = new File(TEMP_DIR, fileName);

item.write(uploadedFile);

with IE 11 an exception is thrown because the resulting path is " D:\fileuploadtemp\C:\Users\my\Downloads\myfile.pdf".

This can be handled of course when instantiating the File object, but shouldn't it be same
for the browsers?

Regards

Oliver