commons-user mailing list archives

From Alex P <student...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [exec] DefaultExecutor PumpStreamHandler and windows command prompt
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:27:37 GMT
I resolved the issue, but cannot use PumpStreamHandler - had to write my
own.

PumpStreamHandler implementation looks wrong to me now.
1) InputStreamPumper, what is used in case of System.in input waits for
available() to return grater than 0, but it is not guarantied, and looks
like in Windows it returns such only after <Enter> is pressed - that cased
my original issue;
2) StreamPumper, what is used in other cases (for example if I wrap
System.in in my own implementation) will read into buffer and therefore
might wait until the whole buffer is filled in.

Regards,
   AlexP