commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] Which Hadoop 2.x .jars are necessary with VFS HDFS access?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 00:56:03 GMT
Roger-

look for <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
in the <dependencies><dependency> section in your pom.xml

if  either

>mvn compile

>mvn package
cannot locate hadoop-core
you'll need to sync your <distributionManagement> section in pom.xml for

hadoop-core snapshots
hadoop-core releases

Ping back if you're calling no-joy

M-

> From: Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com
> To: user@commons.apache.org
> Subject: [VFS] Which Hadoop 2.x .jars are necessary with VFS HDFS access?
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 21:46:09 +0000
>
> Hi all,
> I've written a Commons VFS file browser using Apache Pivot (it's part of the 2.1 upcoming
release). Now I'm trying to use it to browse into HDFS files. I got it to work with HDFS 1.x
by simple including the hadoop-core .jar and a couple of other commons .jars that are also
needed. But, that approach doesn't work for Hadoop 2.x. Specifically the "hadoop-core-xxx.jar"
doesn't exist anymore, and substituting the "hadoop-hdfs-xxxx.jar" doesn't work at all. So,
before I bang my head against the wall, does anyone here know what .jars I would need for
Hadoop 2.x to interface with the VFS HDFS provider?