commons-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <>
Subject [VFS] Which Hadoop 2.x .jars are necessary with VFS HDFS access?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 21:46:09 GMT
Hi all,
                I've written a Commons VFS file browser using Apache Pivot (it's part of the
2.1 upcoming release).  Now I'm trying to use it to browse into HDFS files.  I got it to work
with HDFS 1.x by simple including the hadoop-core .jar and a couple of other commons .jars
that are also needed.  But, that approach doesn't work for Hadoop 2.x.  Specifically the "hadoop-core-xxx.jar"
doesn't exist anymore, and substituting the "hadoop-hdfs-xxxx.jar" doesn't work at all.  So,
before I bang my head against the wall, does anyone here know what .jars I would need for
Hadoop 2.x to interface with the VFS HDFS provider?

~Roger Whitcomb