commons-user mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: scxml: planning and versions
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:59:34 GMT
Hi Rinke,

Welcome! And that's great to hear about your project!
The roadmap is described here: http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-scxml/roadmap.htmlI
would recommend you to use 2.0-M1 instead because the milestones (M0 and M1) were actually
done based on the J6 branch and included proper cleanups and basic alignments to the latest
specification.

Kind regards,

Woonsan

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201404.mbox/%3C533D4314.40805@douma.nu%3E

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:30 AM, R.C. Hoekstra <r.c.hoekstra@erasmusmc.nl> wrote:

Hi all @ commons scxml,

>We're a university team of scientists working on multi agent simulations of tropical diseases
for a world health organization project. A disease can be considered as a state machine, with
the patient going through various states and transitions, each triggering new events.

>For our project we're diving into commons scxml. However I'm a bit confused about what
version would be best to use. I'm a bit afraid that the 0.9 official release is so much outdated
that it will not be compatible with the coming release, so we would end up with lots of changes
to be made when updating. On the other hand working on a release which is still under development
or unstable doesn't seem a good idea.