commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: optimizing apache
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:39:19 GMT
Wrong mailing list...

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Wilmer Arambula <tecnologiaterabyte@gmail.com>
Date:02/11/2014  12:06  (GMT-05:00)
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: optimizing apache

Good lunchtime I have a question I'm optimizing my apache server and I
enabled mod_deflate and I have both mod_expire:

deflate.conf:

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/x-icon
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/truetype

DeflateCompressionLevel 9

# Browser specific settings
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch \bOpera !no-gzip

# Setup custom deflate log
DeflateFilterNote Input instream
DeflateFilterNote Output outstream
DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio

LogFormat '"%r" %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
# Example of log file
CustomLog logs/deflate_log DEFLATE
</IfModule>

expire.conf:

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 60 days"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 60 days"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 60 days"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 60 days"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 days"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType audio/x-wav "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType audio/mpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType video/mpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType video/mp4 "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType video/quicktime "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType video/x-ms-wmv "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
</IfModule>

Specifically, the inquiry is that mod_cache recommend me to not delay the
server to compress and decompress files, I hope someone can advise me,

Regards,

--
*Wilmer Arambula. *