commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Commons configuration version 2
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:01:25 GMT
Some more comments from me in-line...

Am 25.02.2014 14:17, schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Yair,
>
> Welcome to Apache Commons.
>
> Please see:
>
> 1- https://commons.apache.org/volunteering.html
> 2- https://commons.apache.org/patches.html
> 3- https://commons.apache.org/building.html
> 4-
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/source-repository.html
>
>> 1. Is there any snapshot repository available?
> See 4 above.
>
>> 2. Which percentage of the work is already done in your opinion?
> I do not know.
>From a functionality point of view the major part of the work for
version 2.0 is done. However, currently I started a refactoring of
hierarchical configurations which turns out to be bigger than expected.
After this is finished, there are still some minor improvements and some
polishing. And of course, the user guide has to be updated, and a
migration guide should be created.

>> 3. How does this effort differ from the 1.x branch?
> I do not know.
Main differences are:
- Configurations are now created via builders
- The reloading mechanism was redesigned
- Improvements in the area of thread-safety and concurrent access

Oliver